Thursday 26 March 2009

Caught in a web

It a funny thing, writing these posts. I find myself going over and over them for days on end sometimes. Checking the spelling and tidying up the wording and even then I just seem to find something else that needs to be put right, though its probably fine the way it is. It’s a bit like cleaning I suppose no matter how much you do there always feels like you could do something more.

Which makes it all the more puzzling to me when I found myself chatting to a woman as I did on Monday who told me that the cleaner she has does not like cobwebs “you see” she said to me “my husband and I cant understand how this cobweb in our kitchen has been there for weeks and weeks” What could I say its not one of our cleaners, perhaps her cleaner has just not noticed it or does not keep looking to do that little bit more.

Sometimes I feel that you must go that little bit further or go that extra mile if you want to do a good job. It might mean taking longer or doing more, but quite often its just a question of doing the job right in the first place which will save a lot of work in the long run.


I am in business and my business is not about meeting our customers expectations it is about exceeding them! Which I hope that by doing a little more, taking the time to care and adding a few minor details and fine touches means that none of our customers will ever have cobwebs in their kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment