Friday 13 March 2009

I help people!….that’s what I do

I bumped into an old friend recently who I have not seen for ages and before I could say a word they said “so what are you doing these days?”. I responded “Oh I’m running a cleaning business!” but I knew as soon as I said it that was mistake…

Yes I run a cleaning business but I don’t do it for the money! I don’t do it for an easy life! or job security! Its defiantly not stress free. I mean running a business is about hard work, long hours, and one demand after another as well as not knowing where the next penny is coming from but I love it! It has given me a sense of freedom and liberation, but that does come at a price.

Business I have learned is not about money, or power, or control, or being the boss, or any of the things I used to think it was about. It is about people, It is about doing the job right, It is about caring, it is about service but mostly it is about…….Trust.

However my friend made me think and I started to ask myself, Why do I do it? It did not take me long to realise. That the simple answer is that I like to help people. I have always liked to look after others in one way or another, even my housing management job was all about helping others but my life had just got so busy that I could not keep up with the housework. Having a cleaner myself had a definite impact on the way I lived my life and showed me some very real benefits that I could offer others.

Running my cleaning business allows me to help people to save money, hassle and time. We can all make money but none of us can make a single second of time and if having a cleaner cleaning your home lets you do more with your time as well as having a better quality of life then I have helped someone special, because that is what I really do…I help People!

No comments:

Post a Comment